1. Acknowledgement and Acceptance:
Bais Education & Technology Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”) provides its members service (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”) in accordance with the Terms of Service. By using the Service, you indicate that you have read, understood and agreed to accept all of the Terms of Service. The Company reserves the right to modify or change the content of the Terms of Service at any time. It is recommended that you take notice of these modifications or changes at any time. By continuously using the Service after any modifications or changes, you indicate that you have been read, understood and agreed to accept such modifications or changes. If you do not agree to the content of the Terms of Service, or if your country or territory excludes all or part of the Terms of Service, you should stop using the Service immediately.
If you are under the age of 20, in addition to complying with the above requirements, you can only use or continue to use the Service after your parent (or guardian) has read, understood and agreed to accept all of the Terms of Service and any subsequent modifications or changes. By using or continuing to use the Service, you indicate that your parent (or guardian) has read, understood and agreed to accept all of the Terms of Service and any subsequent modifications or changes.
2. Personal Information Protection
To protect every member’s personal information and privacy, every member will be informed of the following in accordance with Article 8 of the Personal Information Protection Act:
- (1) Purpose of collection:
The purpose of collection is to conduct marketing, consumer and customer management and service and other e-commerce service (statutory specific purpose No.040, No.090 and No.148).
- (2) Classification of personal information collected:
Personal information collected by the Company on the website includes:
- 1. Personal information on identification (such as name, phone number, address, email address and credit card or bank account).
- 2. Personal information on characteristics (such as date of birth and gender).
- 3. Personal information on education, examination, skills or other specialties (such as academic record, student (trainee) and examination record).
- (3) Time period, area, target and way of the use of personal information:
- 1. Time period: Every member’s personal information will be used until the date on which you request to stop using or which the Company stops providing the Service.
- 2. Area: Every member’s personal information will be used in Taiwan.
- 3. Target: Every member’s personal information will be used by the Company, government agencies which have the right to investigate according to the law or competent authorities.
- 4. Way: Every member’s personal information will be used by the Company for its membership management, customer management and identification as well as transactions, logistics and advertising and marketing as follows:
- I. When a member uses the Service provided by the Company, the member information will be automatically displayed on the page.
- II. Transactions, replies to customer inquiries, inquiries from the Company, after-sales service and other service required for transactions.
- III. Advertising and marketing: E-magazine and information related to the Service provided via email, mail or phone.
- IV. Replies to customer inquiries: Replies to customer inquiries made to the Company, directly or indirectly, via email, mail, fax, phone or otherwise.
- V. Other accompanying uses: Accompanying uses required to provide the Service for the purpose referred to in I.~IV. According to Article 3 of the Personal Information Protection Act, you may exercise the following rights with regard to your personal information:
- (4) According to the Personal Information Protection Act, the following rights may be exercised by the party with regard to his/her personal information collected by the Company:
- 1. Any inquiry and request for a review of the personal information or any request to make duplications of the personal information;
- 2. Any request to supplement or correct the personal information; and
- 3. Any request to discontinue collection, processing or use of personal information or any request to delete the personal information.
- (5) You are free to choose whether or not to provide your personal information. If you refuse to provide your personal information, however, the Company will not be able to process your personal information as required, which may result in the inability to provide the Service.
To use the Service, you agree to accept the following:
- (1) The Service Registration Form presented provides the member’s accurate and up-to-date information and you will not register as a member in the name of a third person.
- (2) You will maintain and update your personal information in a timely manner to ensure its accuracy and the provision of the best Service.
- (3) If you provide any incorrect or false information, or fail to provide information as instructed, or lack necessary information, or repeatedly register an account, the Company’s website reserves the right to suspend or terminate your account without prior notice.
5. Member Account, Password and Security:
When completing membership registration for the Service, you may set an account and a password. It is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your password and account. Any consistent input of a member's account and password in accordance with the prescribed method will be presumed to be used by the member in person, whether or not the member inputs the account and password personally, and the member should be solely responsible for all actions taken with the password and account. To use the Service, the member agrees to accept the following:
- (1) You will immediately notify the Company if your password or account has been misappropriated, or if any other security issues have occurred.
- (2) Be sure to log out your account each time after use.
- (3) A member’s account, password and membership rights are for personal use only and should not be lent or transferred to others or shared with others.
- (4) You will immediately notify the Company and provide specific evidence if your account number or password has been misappropriated or improperly used, or if any other security issues have occurred, or if the personal use of the Service cannot be identified. Relevant measures taken by the Service are to protect your rights and interests and should not constitute any explicit or implied warranty or liability to you. The Company does not bear any liability for the illegal use of a member’s account or password.
- (5) If knowing that a member’s account or password is misappropriated by others, the Company will immediately suspend the use of the account (including processing the transactions generated by the account).
- (6) To prevent your account from misappropriation, please be sure to take the following preventive measures:
- 1. Avoid setting an account and a password that is too vulnerable.
- 2. Avoid setting the same password as the account.
- 3. Be sure not to disclose the account and the password to others.
- 4. Log out the website and clear the browsing history before leaving the seat at a public place, such as internet café.
- 5. Be sure not to install illegal or unidentified plugins.
- 6. Be alert if any person intends to ask for your account, password or ID card number in the name of an event and be sure not to tell the person your account or password. To avoid fraud, you may contact the customer service center.
6. Online Transaction:
- (1) Once you complete an online order, the Service will automatically send you a notification letter via email. The notice only means to inform you that the Service has received the order, but it does not mean that the transaction has been completed. The Service reserves the right to accept the order. You can check the shipping status on the website.
- (2) By using the Service to complete an order, you indicate that you have made an offer of purchase and agree to accept the conditions or restrictions of the transaction as set forth in the Terms of Service and on the website. If personal information you have provided (such as address and phone number) has changed after ordering, you should modify it online immediately. You should not deny the order or refuse to pay for the reason that your personal information has been changed.
- (3) In the event of any doubts about online transactions made with your use of the Service, the electronic records of the Service shall prevail.
7. Compliance Obligation and Commitment:
You undertake not to use the system for any illegal purpose or in any illegal way, and undertake to comply with Taiwan's relevant laws and regulations and all international practices regarding the use of the internet. If you are a user outside Taiwan, you agree to abide by the laws of your country or region. You agree and guarantee that you do not engage in any violation of the rights or interests of others using the Service, including but not limited to:
- (1) Publish or transmit any words, pictures or files that are defamatory, insulting, threatening, offensive, indecent, obscene, false, in violation of public order or good customs or unlawful in the system.
- (2) Infringe upon the reputation, privacy, trade secrets, trademarks, copyrights, patents, other intellectual property rights and other rights of others.
- (3) Violate the confidentiality obligations under the law or contract.
- (4) Use the system in the name of others.
- (5) Transfer or spread computer viruses.
- (6) Engage in unlawful transactions or post false and entrapping information.
- (7) Sell guns, drugs, dope, pirated software or other prohibited items.
- (8) Provide gambling information or entice others to participate in gambling in any way.
- (9) Distribute advertisement mails or advertise without the Company’s approval.
- (10) Other acts that the Company identifies to be improper for legitimate reasons.
8. Update, Termination, Suspension or Discontinuance of Service:
The Company will maintain the normal operation of the system and the Service in accordance with generally reasonable techniques and methods. In the following circumstances, however, the Company has the right to stop or discontinue the provision of the Service:
- (1) In the following circumstances, the Company has the right to stop or discontinue the provision of the Service:
- 1. When the electronic communication equipment of the system is subjected to necessary maintenance and construction.
- 2. When an electronic communication device fails.
- 3. When the electronic communication vendors of the system cannot provide necessary service.
- 4. When the Service is suspended due to force majeure, such as natural disasters.
- (2) You understand and agree that the Service may be completely or partially interrupted, temporarily unavailable or delayed or cause any errors in the transmission or storage of information or any third party’s alterations or forgery of information due to failure or malfunction of network software or hardware of the Company, other vendors or related telecommunications operators or human errors and that you should not request any indemnity or compensation arising therefrom.
- (3) The Service may sometimes be interrupted or malfunction, which may cause inconvenience in your use, loss of data, errors, alterations or other economic loss. It is recommended that you take protective measures when using the Service. The Company is not liable for any damage caused by your use of (or inability to use) the Service.
9. Limitation and Exclusion of Liability
You expressly understand and agree that the Company does not provide any explicit or implicit guarantee for the Service, including but not limited to the completeness of rights, merchantability, suitability of the specific purpose and non-infringement upon the rights of others. The Service is provided on the “as is” and “as available” bases. Your use of the Service is at your own risk.
The website does not guarantee the following:
- (1) The Service will fully meet your needs and expectations.
- (2) Any products, service, information or other materials you purchase or obtain through the Service will meet your expectations.
- (3) Information or images downloaded from the Service or information obtained from the Service will not result in damage to your computer system or any loss of data.
- (4) The Company does not guarantee that emails or their content transmitted by the web pages, servers, and domains of the Service will not contain harmful substances, such as computer viruses; in addition, the Company does not guarantee that the transmission and storage of emails, files or information are correct and will not be disconnected. The Company is not liable for damages caused by failure, loss or errors in the transmission and storage of mails, files or information.
- (5) The Company does not assume any guarantee of software or information you download using the Service or other websites linked through the Service. You should judge the suitability, validity, correctness and completeness of the aforesaid software or information and determine whether it infringes upon the rights of others at your own discretion before downloading to avoid loss (such as causing damage to your computer system or loss of stored information). The website does not assume any liability for such losses.
10. General Measures for Use and Storage:
You expressly understand and agree that the Company may set out general measures and restrictions on the Service. The Company is not liable for any deletion or non-storage of any messages, communications and content maintained or transmitted by the Service. For accounts that have not been used for a long time, the Service has the right to deactivate them after notification by email. Based on its own consideration, the Company reserves the right to change the above measures and restrictions at any time without prior notice.
11. Information or Advice:
The Company does not guarantee that information or advice obtained by you using the Service is completely correct, and the Company reserves the right to modify or delete information or advice provided at any time. Before making any relevant plans and decisions, you should still consult a professional to advise you on your situation to meet your individual needs.
All advertising content, text and image descriptions, sample presentations or other sales information that you browse in the Service are designed and presented by the respective advertisers and product and service providers. You should judge the correctness and credibility of advertising at your own discretion. The Service is commissioned to advertise only and does not assume the guarantee of the above advertising; in addition, any advertising activities that are not approved by the Company are prohibited on the website.
13. Protection of Intellectual Property Rights:
The intellectual property rights of software or programs used by the Service and of all content on the website, including but not limited to works, pictures, files, information, data, website structure, website layout and web design, are owned by the Company or other right holders. Such intellectual property rights include but are not limited to trademark rights, patents, copyrights, trade secrets and know-how. No one may use, modify, reproduce, publicly broadcast, remake, distribute, issue, publish, reversely engineer, decompile, or dissemble the aforesaid software, programs or website content. If you intend to cite or reprint the aforesaid software, programs or website content, you must obtain prior written consent from the Company or other right holders in accordance with the law. Respect for intellectual property rights is your obligation. If there is a violation, you should be liable for damages.
14. Rejection or Termination of Use:
15. Governing Law and Jurisdiction:
The construction and application of the Terms of Service and any disputes associated with the Terms of Service shall be handled in accordance with the laws of Taiwan. Unless otherwise provided compulsorily, Taiwan Kaohsiung District Court shall be the court of first instance.